Friday, April 5, 2013

Butterfly Table Runner Photos to Match Place Mat Project


I made three butterfly squares from a pattern in the book "Picture Piecing" by Cynthia English


I used leftover material from my Ocean Themed placemat project:








The Placemats I was looking to match 
with the Butterfly Runner

This is a photo of the paperless Piecing Method used to make the butterflies
Details of method and Cynthia English books at: http://www.englanddesign.com





Basically I surrounded each butterfly with 1 inch strips of fabric and then sewed the background fabric around it using 2 inch strips around the edge and 4.5 inch strips between the butterflies. I sandwiched in a batting and backed with a pretty coordinating blue batik fabric. Then I stitched in the ditch around the butterfly squares to hold everything together.

I hope this project was inspiring to you!
Happy Quilting,
Melissa


No comments: